Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Quiet...please

This is what I realized today. I need quiet time everyday. Usually every day I am able to scrape out 20-40 minutes in which I sit and do absolutely nothing. Usually I will put in an episode of whatever tv show I am currently netflixing. Right now I am alternating between seasons of Scrubs and Grey's Anatomy. Anyway, today I didn't get my quiet time. Instead I talked with Jenn. Which of course is a wonderful thing and we didn't even get to talk long enough, but it happened during my quiet time and I was a whole lot more stressed at the end of the day. So, new rule, I will never let anything interrupt my 20 minutes. Never. I won't answer my phone, my door, my email, my facebook. I will simply sit and veg. Sometimes my 20 minutes includes holding a baby like it probably will today since Mikaela is taking a crazy morning nap, but that is it. My quiet time, mine....

1 comment: